PMI Silver Spring Partners With IIL!
WELCOME PMI SILVER SPRING CHAPTER MEMBERS
We are excited to share that we have joined the International Institute for Learning (IIL) Advantage Program.
This program includes special discounts for all IIL courses and annual online events. Please use this site to browse courses and offerings that can meet your professional learning needs.
IIL is a PMI Premier Authorized Training Partner (ATP) and our members will be able to attend the PMI® Authorized PMP® Exam Prep course and Disciplined Agile courses at a discounted rate.
The Advantage Program provides our members access to new and innovative learning as well as free whitepapers, videos, and blogs authored by world-renowned experts.
New PMI® Authorized PMP® Certification Training - Response Needed by August 31st
August 2021:Project Management Professional (PMP®) certification holders currently earn 20 percent more than their non-certified peers, as noted in various salary benchmark studies across the United States. Gaining a PMP® credential is one of the most recognized professional certifications across all industries, according to industry reports, with the global economy projected to need 25 million new PMPs by 2030 due to a growing workforce across many national economies. There is no better time to invest in your PMP® certification than now.
The Project Management Institute Silver Spring Chapter (PMISSC) is delighted to announce that it has partnered with the International Institute for Learning (IIL) to offer PMI® Authorized PMP® Exam Prep courses at special rates and flexible schedules, exclusively to PMISSC Chapter Members.
The training will be delivered by IIL, a Premier PMIÒ Authorized Training Partner (ATP), and a 30-year leader in the global professional training industry. This means that you can feel confident in receiving licensed content and highest quality learning from IIL’s expert instructors.
What benefits can you expect from taking the PMPÒ Exam Prep course with IIL?
- Free access to two of IIL’s valuable courses:
- Introduction to Project Management: This is suited for Agile practitioners who want to learn foundational principles of project management (1 hour).
- Introduction to Agile and Scrum: This is suited for individuals with project management experience who want foundational training in Agile methodology (2 hours).
- Free access to IIL’s Project Management IQÒ course, valued at $350. Boost your confidence to pass the certification exam with IIL’s proprietary exam simulation tool. This course contains over 1,000 exam questions, and it is mapped to PMI’s new approach of Agile/Hybrid or Predictive methodologies.
- Access to the recorded sessions for 7 days. This is especially valuable if you miss a day of training or just want to review each of the virtual sessions again.
The cost of the class is $ 1,650.00 per person. This is a special rate for our Chapter only, and it is a discount of 30% over the list rate.
Two added PMISSC Chapter bonuses:
- Non PMISSC members who are active PMI members will get a FREE chapter member pass for 1-year and this automatically grants you access to IIL’s Advantage Program that comes with discounts to an array of IIL courses, free white papers, free webinars and so much more.
- In addition the first 30 people to register for the course will also receive a FREE seat to IIL’s International Project Management Day 2021 online conference a value of $ 69.00.
The following course dates below are available and will help you meet the 12 class (36-hour) program.
September 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 27, 28 (1:00pm – 4:00pm EST Time)
October 5, 6, 7, 8, 12, 13, 14, 15, 19, 20, 21, 22 (8:00am – 11:00am EST Time)
November 1, 2, 3, 4, 8, 9, 10, 11, 15, 16, 17, 18 (6:00pm – 9:00pm EST Time)
November 29, 30, December 1, 2, 6, 7, 8, 9, 13,14, 15, 16 (8:00am – 11:00am EST Time)
Register Here To receive the discounted price of $ 1650.00 use the discount code “ PMISSPMP “ at checkout.
We are so excited to be partnering with the International Institute for Learning’s (IIL) Advantage Program, which offers special discounts on IIL’s online courses, online conferences, live webinars and so much more. Click on this link to check out the co-branded site that has been created for our chapter.
Michael Borges is your Educational Consultant for the program. Included below is Michael’s contact details. If you have questions about any of IIL’s courses, content or other resources, are looking for information or need help with an order, Michael is here to help. He looks forward to working with you and feel free to connect with him at any time. You can also book time on his calendar here.
2021 Board Elections: Nomination Period Extended to October 15
July 2021: PMI Silver Spring Chapter (PMISSC) is in the nominations phase for the 2021 Board Elections. All nominations are now due by October 15. The following Offices comprising a segment of the Board of Directors are on the ballot for the 2021 Silver Spring Chapter Election:
♦ Vice-President of Finance
♦ Vice-President of Programs
♦ Vice-President of Communications
Those elected for the positions above will serve a two-year term beginning on January 1, 2022 and ending on December 31, 2023.
Please volunteer your talent to assist the Chapter in continuing our upward path by declaring yourself a candidate for one of the offices on the ballot. Complete the 2022 Candidate Declaration Form by October 15.
To access the rules and regulations governing PMISSC activities, please visit the chapter by-laws page: https://pmissc.org/about/chapter-bylaws
Chapter Volunteers Needed: Web Content and Governance
July 2021: The Project Management Institute Silver Spring Chapter (PMISSC) needs a director for governance and web content manager. The director of governance will support the VP of Governance, while the web content lead will support the chapter communications team.
Working under the supervision of the vice president for communications, the individual selected for the web content manager role will create event pages, layout or schedule the monthly chapter newsletter and other member messaging, maintain existing webpages, create discount codes, add or remove subscribers from email lists, and embed audiovisual content.
For the web content role, we need somebody who is a decent writer and one who is able to edit content or recommend revisions (not required but preferred). Expect to spend an average of 5-hours a week, with some slow weeks when you won’t do much. However, there are times when you will experience an uptick in the need for website updates and these will be especially so during the months and weeks leading up to the chapter’s annual symposium.
Assist PMI Silver Spring Chapter's Vice President of Governance. Stand in for the Vice President when needed. According to the Chapter Bylaws, Article V, Section 4. The Vice President - Governance & Policy/Secretary shall be responsible for addressing governance and policy issues, including ensuring the maintenance and enforcement of chapter policies and bylaws and keeping the records of all business meetings of the PMI-SSC and meetings of the Board. Responsible for preparing, maintaining, recording, circulating all records, correspondence, minutes of meetings, and related affairs of the chapter.
Duties (Web Content Lead)
1) Create new webpages or forms
2) Update existing webpages and forms
3) Link forms or webpages to each other
4) Embed videos hosted on platforms like YouTube
5) Working in content management systems (CMS)
6) Update websites (i.e. Joomla)
eCommerce Enhancements August 2020 – All Regions
August 2020: Project Management Institute (PMI) has announed updates to its membership renewal policies and it outlines the rules governing chapter renewals as well.
Similar to a PMI Membership, when you complete a Chapter Membership purchase, your Chapter Membership will now be automatically opted-in for auto renew.
In addition, if you are a current PMI Member (and enrolled in auto renew), and you complete a purchase for a new Chapter Membership, then the Chapter Membership will automatically be enrolled in auto renew. See this PDF for more information.
Pilot Opportunity for US Federal Project/Program Managers
If you’ve answered yes to the questions above, you may be eligible to participate! PMI recognizes the expertise of Level III FAC P/PM and DAWIA certified professionals and we want to help you grow professionally.
To make it easier for certified federal project/program managers to obtain PMI’s PMP credential, PMI has initiated a small pilot initiative known as “Fast Track.” Through this pilot, PMI will work directly with participants to fast track their PMP applications.
This customized application process would bypass the manual entry of certain experience and training requirements enabling participants to sit for the PMP examination sooner.
PMI's Hardship Provision
July 2020: In light of the challenges caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, the Project Management Institute is spreading the word to various North America chapter’s about its “hardship provision” that is available as a valuable member benefit to those who qualify.
During a recent update discussion held this past week with PMISSC’s leadership, the PMI chapter administrators highlighted PMI's "hardship provision" which is available for members who find themselves in “altered” financial circumstances.
Here are details on the initiative:
* PMI’s hardship provision is available to any member who becomes unemployed. Member must be in good standing and must have paid dues for at least three (3) previous continuous years.
* Under this provision, a member is granted a waiver for one (1) year of PMI membership dues and one year of dues for membership in any one chapter of which the applicant was a member the previous year. The hardship provision may be granted for a maximum of two (2) years for each member.
* PMI encourages members to renew their membership dues prior to their expiration date. If a member’s membership has expired for more than 10 months, PMI would not be able to renew their membership under the Hardship Provision.
Additional Source: PMI Chicagoland: https://lnkd.in/eU9jJq9
PMI’s Resource Hub
July 2020: During its recent North America chapter leaders community chat, PMI provided an update on its efforts to address the impacts of COVID-19 for members.
Working through the PMI’s Resource Hub, members have continued access to digitally accessible low/no cost offerings and future offerings.
On its Resources for the New Work Ecosystem webpage, PMI has compiled a variety of free online resources, virtual events and even a sneak peek of new digital offerings to help members connect with the global community, build skills, and prepare to advance in a post-COVID-19 world.
Explore and share these resources today, but check back often for updates: https://www.pmi.org/about/coronavirus-single-source-message/resources-for-new-work-ecosystem
Also feel free to visit PMI's Update Center (public): https://www.pmi.org/update-center
New PMI Certification Application Format
June 2020: The Project Management Institute (PMI) recently announced the launch of a new and redesigned format for all of its current certification exam applications.
Scheduled for implementation during the second half of June 2020, the changes were made on the basis of user feedback and so the new application is designed to be more straightforward and easier for certification candidates to complete.
Here’s what is new:
- Decreased number of screens to streamline application
- Eligibility requirements (years of work experience, hours of training required) are staying the same, but the format in which applicants submit this information is changing. For example, candidates can now enter months of experience instead of hours, which is much easier to track
- Where possible, PMI eliminated free text fields and included more drop-down type selection fields. Being able to select an answer from a drop-down makes it clear to applicants what the question is asking and is thus easier to answer
The following certifications benefit from these improvements: PMP, CAPM, PgMP, PfMP, PMI-ACP, PMI-PBA, PMI-RMP, and PMI-SP.
To improve stakeholder understanding of the new process, PMI has made available a Quick Reference Guide in portable digital format (PDF) and there is an online demo that illustrates and previews the changes. View the demo here.
Candidates with open/pending applications are encouraged to submit applications by June 15, 2020. If they are unable to submit by that date, PMI will do its best to transfer over as much of the application data as possible into the new application. Candidates with open/pending applications will be contacted directly.
For questions about the application changes, please feel free to contact PMI’s Customer Care team.