PMI Silver Spring Partners With IIL!
WELCOME PMI SILVER SPRING CHAPTER MEMBERS
Attention PMI Silver Spring members
In 2021 your Chapter joined IIL’s Advantage Program! As a Chapter member, you can enjoy discounted prices to IIL’s online conferences and courses, access to webinars with IIL’s exceptional host of presenters and thought leaders, as well as free blogs, whitepapers, and other learning resources.
Click here to take a look at your chapters’ co-branded site to explore your Advantage Program possibilities!
IIL is a PMI Premier Authorized Training Partner (ATP) and our members will be able to attend the PMI® Authorized PMP® Exam Prep course and Disciplined Agile courses at a discounted rate.
The Advantage Program provides our members access to new and innovative learning as well as free whitepapers, videos, and blogs authored by world-renowned experts.
New PMI® Authorized PMP® Certification Training
October 2021:Project Management Professional (PMP®) certification holders currently earn 20 percent more than their non-certified peers, as noted in various salary benchmark studies across the United States. Gaining a PMP® credential is one of the most recognized professional certifications across all industries, according to industry reports, with the global economy projected to need 25 million new PMPs by 2030 due to a growing workforce across many national economies. There is no better time to invest in your PMP® certification than now.
The Project Management Institute Silver Spring Chapter (PMISSC) is delighted to announce that it has partnered with the International Institute for Learning (IIL) to offer PMI® Authorized PMP® Exam Prep courses at special rates and flexible schedules, exclusively to PMISSC Chapter Members.
The training will be delivered by IIL, a Premier PMI Authorized Training Partner (ATP), and a 30-year leader in the global professional training industry. This means that you can feel confident in receiving licensed content and highest quality learning from IIL’s expert instructors.
What benefits can you expect from taking the PMP Exam Prep course with IIL?
- Free access to two of IIL’s valuable courses:
- Introduction to Project Management: This is suited for Agile practitioners who want to learn foundational principles of project management (1 hour).
- Introduction to Agile and Scrum: This is suited for individuals with project management experience who want foundational training in Agile methodology (2 hours).
- Free access to IIL’s Project Management IQ course, valued at $350. Boost your confidence to pass the certification exam with IIL’s proprietary exam simulation tool. This course contains over 1,000 exam questions, and it is mapped to PMI’s new approach of Agile/Hybrid or Predictive methodologies.
- Access to the recorded sessions for 7 days. This is especially valuable if you miss a day of training or just want to review each of the virtual sessions again.
The cost of the class is $ 1,650.00 per person. This is a special rate for our Chapter only, and it is a discount of 30% over the list rate.
Two added PMISSC Chapter bonuses:
- Non PMISSC members who are active PMI members will get a FREE chapter member pass for 1-year and this automatically grants you access to IIL’s Advantage Program that comes with discounts to an array of IIL courses, free white papers, free webinars and so much more.
- In addition the first 30 people to register for the course will also receive a FREE seat to IIL’s International Project Management Day 2021 online conference a value of $ 69.00.
Contact us for available course dates that will help you meet the 12 class (36-hour) program.
Register Here To receive the discounted price of $ 1650.00 use the discount code “ PMISSPMP “ at checkout.
We are so excited to be partnering with the International Institute for Learning’s (IIL) Advantage Program, which offers special discounts on IIL’s online courses, online conferences, live webinars and so much more. Click on this link to check out the co-branded site that has been created for our chapter.
Michael Borges is your Educational Consultant for the program. Included below is Michael’s contact details. If you have questions about any of IIL’s courses, content or other resources, are looking for information or need help with an order, Michael is here to help. He looks forward to working with you and feel free to connect with him at any time. You can also book time on his calendar here.
PMISSC Member Spotlight Program
October 2021: In an effort to showcase our diverse membership and the varied interests that bring us together in a common love for project management, PMISSC will highlight one or two individual members each month in our newsletter and on our chapter website.
This “PMISSC Member Spotlight” consists of answers to a short questionnaire and a picture of the PMISSC member. A $10 Amazon card will be sent to each member featured in spotlight. We invite all PMISSC to participate in this program.
Chapter Volunteers Needed
PMISSC Volunteer Opportunities
PMISSC periodically posts great volunteer opportunities on PMI's Volunteer Relationship Management System (VRMS),https://vrms.pmi.org/
In addition to giving back to project management community and earning PDUs for this category of service, PMISSC volunteers also enjoy free access to the chapter’s monthly meetings (valued at 1.5 PDUs each) and they receive a discount for our in-person meetings. They will also support the PMISSC annual symposium and they get to participate plus earn more PDUs.
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer, please apply via PMI's Volunteer Relationship Management System,https://vrms.pmi.org/ or for more information, contact the Volunteer Engagement Liaison listed on the VRMS Opportunity page.
eCommerce Enhancements – All Regions
Project Management Institute (PMI) has announced updates to its membership renewal policies and it outlines the rules governing chapter renewals as well.
Similar to a PMI Membership, when you complete a Chapter Membership purchase, your Chapter Membership will now be automatically opted-in for auto renew.
In addition, if you are a current PMI Member (and enrolled in auto renew), and you complete a purchase for a new Chapter Membership, then the Chapter Membership will automatically be enrolled in auto renew. See this PDF for more information.
PMI's Hardship Provision
In light of the challenges caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, the Project Management Institute is spreading the word to various North America chapter’s about its “hardship provision” that is available as a valuable member benefit to those who qualify.
Here are details on the initiative:
- PMI’s hardship provision is available to any member who becomes unemployed. Member must be in good standing and must have paid dues for at least three (3) previous continuous years.
- Under this provision, a member is granted a waiver for one (1) year of PMI membership dues and one year of dues for membership in any one chapter of which the applicant was a member the previous year. The hardship provision may be granted for a maximum of two (2) years for each member.
- PMI encourages members to renew their membership dues prior to their expiration date. If a member’s membership has expired for more than 10 months, PMI would not be able to renew their membership under the Hardship Provision.
Additional Source: PMI Chicagoland: https://lnkd.in/eU9jJq9
PMI’s Resource Hub
July 2020: During its recent North America chapter leaders community chat, PMI provided an update on its efforts to address the impacts of COVID-19 for members.
Working through the PMI’s Resource Hub, members have continued access to digitally accessible low/no cost offerings and future offerings.
On its Resources for the New Work Ecosystem webpage, PMI has compiled a variety of free online resources, virtual events and even a sneak peek of new digital offerings to help members connect with the global community, build skills, and prepare to advance in a post-COVID-19 world.
Explore and share these resources today, but check back often for updates: https://www.pmi.org/about/coronavirus-single-source-message/resources-for-new-work-ecosystem
Also feel free to visit PMI's Update Center (public): https://www.pmi.org/update-center